Cross posting from r/wasp hating as I'm hoping someone here can help.
I have an allergy to wasps. Not anaphylaxis bad, but I have really bad reactions that keep me off work for a day or two each time.
I am a gardener. I never used to have any reaction at all to stings, until a couple of years ago; I was swarmed in a garden and received at least 6 stings on one forearm. Ever since, the reactions have got progressively worse.
Here's the problem: since I came back from our summer holiday (I'm in New Zealand), I have been stung 5 times in 10 weeks. NO ONE GETS STUNG BUT ME. No one. At all. It's always me. I deliberately avoid areas where wasps are hanging around, and I STILL get stung. It's driving me nuts; I've used a year's sick leave already.
Do I smell like a predator from all the stings or something? Is there something I can do to stop them targeting me? Thank God they'll be dormant soon, but if this keeps going, I don't know how long it will be until I'm in a hospital.
I love my job. Fuck working in an office. But this is starting to seriously affect my work.
Read more: reddit.com